Click here to read the Spanish version.
Despite the fact that ‘Friends’ aired its last episode 19 years ago, it is one of the series that is still most consumed today and one of the great assets of content platforms. It left us unforgettable moments and its actors became a benchmark for several generations. One of its protagonists, Courteney Cox, has just made a nod to one of its most legendary episodes. Who does not remember the famous recipe for cookies from Phoebe’s grandmother that Monica could not get? (In the episode ‘The One With Phoebe’s Cookies’, of the seventh season). Well it seems that, more than two decades later, Courteney has been able to find the recipe for the “best cookie she’s ever tasted.” And the actress herself has shared the recipe – take note!
Chocolate chip cookie with sea salt recipe
In order to make this dream cookie, Courteney teamed up with Paul Cassell, an expert cookie baker, and shared the cooking process and all the ingredients on her networks, in case you want to make them at home.
- 400 g flour
- 340 g bread flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- One and a half tablespoons baking powder
- One and a half tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 225 g light brown sugar
- 200 g white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch of natural vanilla extract
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 180 g milk chocolate
- Maldon sea salt
- Mix the flours with the baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes on high speed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again for a couple more minutes.
- Then, add the flour combination and mix on low speed until everything is well integrated.
- Next, put the dark chocolate and milk chocolate in another bowl. And then mix the chocolates with the dough and put it all in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a day and a half.
- To bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- Line a large tray with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, form it into balls and place them well separated on the tray (about four balls per baking).
- Before baking, place a large piece of chocolate in the center of the ball.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 20 minutes (the cookie should be golden brown and slightly darker light brown on the top of each cookie).
- Let cool on the tray for about a quarter of an hour. When the cookies are cool but the chocolate is still glossy, sprinkle – sparingly – a few flakes of Maldon sea salt.
How about the recipe for the best cookie in the world, according to Courteney Cox? And if you’re a cookie lover, we leave you with these deluxe cookies that sell out in no time.