Click here to read the Spanish version.
If we were to ask for the first Italian dessert that comes to your mind, you would probably come up with typical options such as tiramisu, pantettone, panna cotta or a classic gelato. But today we bring you another traditional Italian sweet that you can prepare at home with only three ingredients. It is the sabayon (or also called zabaione or zabaglione). It is a sweet and frothy cream -similar to custard- that is usually served as an accompaniment to other desserts, but you can also taste it independently. It even has a savory version. We tell you how to prepare this recipe based on egg yolks, sugar and marsala wine (from Sicily) or vino santo (typical of Tuscany).
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 g sugar
- 250 ml marsala wine or santo wine
- First beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is smooth, frothy and light.
- Add the wine and boil in a saucepan until it reaches approximately 80 °C.
- Whisk again and let it cool in the refrigerator.
- You can enjoy it with cookies or cookies as you like.