Click here to read the Spanish version.
The true Queen of Christmas, Mariah Carey, is already ringing everywhere with her mythical All I Want For Christmas Is You and has dusted off all the Christmas decorations, she has even almost started to prepare the typical recipes. The singer has already started her tour through different TV shows to promote her eternal hit. In her last visit to Entertainment Tonight, Carey told Entertainment Tonight how she will spend the Christmas vacations in Aspen with her children.
In addition, the diva detailed what will be the menu for such an important date. It is a typical recipe that her father always prepared for her, she learned to cook and now she tries to teach her children. According to the singer, her family’s signature Christmas dish was clam linguini. When her father fell ill, he decided to write the recipe down for his daughter to carry on his Christmas culinary legacy. “It really touches your heart to think about it. It’s a pretty incredible journey preparing it,” Carey confessed during the interview.
Clam linguini recipe
If you want to follow in the footsteps of the Queen of Christmas, here is a recipe inspired by Mariah Carey’s clam linguini.
- 340 g linguine pasta
- 300 grams of cleaned fine clams
- 60 g unsalted butter or olive oil
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- A pinch of paprika
- A pinch of chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan bring salted water to a boil and cook the pasta, stirring occasionally until al dente. Drain and set aside a small cup of the cooked pasta.
- At the same time, in a frying pan over low heat, melt the butter (or add a dash of oil). Add the parsley and paprika for one minute. Then add the clams and the wine. Let cook with a lid on for 10 minutes, until the clams open.
- Finally, add the lemon juice together with the linguini pasta and the cooking water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When serving, you can add a lemon wedge to the dish.