Click here‘ to read the Spanish version.
They always say that a good plate of food can take away any displeasure. But, in this case, the name of the recipe is just right. The ‘huevos cabreados’, a version of the classic huevos rotos, are capable of bringing a smile back to your face and making any anger disappear. The origin of the name is not very clear and, although it is not a very popular dish among the typical tapas bars, we are going to show you all the ingredients so you can prepare at home some authentic huevos cabreados’ with the recipe of Cocinando a mi manera. Take note!
‘Huevos cabreados’ recipe
- 4 eggs
- 3 medium potatoes
- Diced chorizo sausage
- Hot paprika
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- To begin, peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into sticks of the thickness you prefer. Leave them on a cloth to absorb the water.
- Heat a frying pan with plenty of oil and fry the potatoes in two steps. First with a lower heat so that they become more tender and, at the end, increase the heat to maximum for 30-40 seconds so that they acquire the crispy touch. Drain the oil with absorbent paper and salt to taste.
- In the same frying pan, but leaving a minimum amount of oil, fry the eggs to taste, leaving the yolk as you prefer.
- The last step in the frying pan is to fry the diced chorizo for a few seconds.
- To assemble the dish, first place the potatoes, distribute the chorizo cubes, put the eggs and sprinkle with spicy paprika.
- And enjoy this delicious recipe of huevos cabreados, don’t forget the bread for dipping!