Click here to read the Spanish version.
Autumn is here and, with it, spoon dishes are back. Broths, soups and stews regain their hegemony and become the main recipes of the day to day. Although prepared broths have an increasingly improved recipe, it will always be much healthier and more delicious to prepare it homemade. Therefore, today we bring you a recipe for bone broth that, besides being delicious, provides a lot of nutritional benefits, as it contains collagen and is good for the joints, among other contributions. Take note!
Bone broth recipe
- Approx. 1 kg. of animal bones, including calf’s knee and backbone, pig’s foot, chicken feet, spine and cane bones.
- Vegetables such as carrot, leek, celery or onion.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- A dash of vinegar.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC. Then, place the bones in a baking dish and bake for half an hour.
- Place them in a pot and fill with cold water.
- Next, bring the pot to boiling temperature and then reduce to a simmer and let it cook well. The longer you leave it, the thicker it will become.
- During cooking, you can also add the vegetables (during the last hour), to add flavor and nutritional value to the broth.
- When it is cooked, remove the foam and excess fat with a strainer. Also remove the bones and strain the broth into an airtight container. You can use it immediately, or let it cool and keep it in the refrigerator for three or four days. You also have the option of freezing it.