Click here to read the Spanish version.
In the section of original and surprising recipes that can be found in social media, today we bring you some transparent potato chips that are very crunchy. This snack, also known as glass potato chips, is typical of Indonesia and is prepared with potatoes, but they are not potatoes exactly. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you understand what these healthier transparent chips are all about. Take note!
Recipe for glass potato chips
- 6 potatoes (Yukon Gold recommended)
- 1 l boiling water
- 50 g potato starch
- First wash the potatoes and make a small cut on the top.
- In a bowl, mix them with oil and salt, and bake them for 20 minutes.
- When you take them out of the oven, put the hot potatoes in a bowl of boiling water. Let them stand at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Strain the liquid and store in a container in the freezer for another 4-5 hours.
- Then, in a saucepan, put the potato starch together with the potato broth and stir over medium heat until it is a viscous liquid.
- On a baking tray lined with paper, distribute sticks of the dough and bake at 180 ºC to dehydrate, about 4 hours or until there is no liquid left.
- Once dry, fry the chips until crispy.